Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Please Be Nice

With football season quickly approaching, I'd like to take this moment to remind people that I do not watch the games live. My local time is 13 hours ahead of East Coast Time. What that means is that a 1pm Sunday game is actually live at 2am Monday morning for me. While I can't watch the games live, or on local television, I have paid $200 to be able to watch them on the internet for up to 48 hours after the original broadcast. Usually, I will watch them Monday night after my Korean Language night class so that's about 9am Monday morning in East Coast Time. However, there will be times that I need to wait longer because of scheduling conflicts. All this is to say please, please, please don't send me emails or instant messengers about how amazing those last few seconds were or how angry you are that the Eagles lost a game. It already feels kind of different watching the games knowing that they are not live. Please don't ruin the excitement of not knowing what happens. You will not be doing me a favor by telling me to not waste my time watching them lose. So let's play it safe this year folks. Unless you hear from me about the game personally or see some kind of status/away message on AIM, MSN, Skype or Facebook which makes it ABUNDANTLY obviously that I know what happened, don't say anything to me about the game until it's been over for at least 48 hours.

Thank you, and of course, GO BIRDS!!!!

1 comment:

Sam Negus said...

Firstly, as a man who has had many-a Grand Prix ruined for him in his youth by total pricks of so-called friends at church who though it was funny to shout out the result because they knew I had it at home waiting for me on tape, I wholeheartedly sympathise.

Secondly, let me just save you the heartache right now. The Eagles make it to the NFC Championship, beating Dallas 3 times on the year but contrive to lose at home to a 9-7 Carolina team with some almost dead guy at running back, who then go on to get raped in the Superbowl by the Patriots, now quarterbacked by a small yellow dog wearing a Tom Brady button.