Sunday, December 14, 2008

American Thanksgiving

I know this is almost a month late, but I thought I'd would put up a blog about Thanksgiving. Korean Thanksgiving (Chuseok) is in September, but I just can't ignore American Thanksgiving. Last year, we had a potluck dinner at Brad and Steph's apartment with the whole EG crew the Saturday after. This year, I decided to do Thanksgiving on the proper day at my apartment. I invited Trash and her whole family over along with Pastor Robert and Jenny. I made the whole spread just like Mom would at home. Mashed potatoes, bread filling, candied sweet potatoes, corn and bread. I also made some gravy. I had to have my mom send gravy mix from home. This was actually the first time Trash and her family had ever heard of, seen or tasted gravy. It just doesn't exist in Korea....They all loved it. The main difference from home, there was no turkey. Just like last year, we bought some rotisserie chickens from a street vendor. It was delicious. We also appeased the Koreans with rice and kimchi ;)

We had a great night. There was good conversation, and Trash's family and my parents met for the first time....via Skype. I thoroughly enjoyed this holiday away from home :)

Preparing the Feast

The Table is Set

Enjoying the Meal
(Trash, her mom, brother, sister, Jenny and Pastor Robert)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks delicious! You're a good cook!! I taught you well :-)...It was great meeting Jeong-ah's family on Thanksgiving!! Now...who's cooking on Christmas :-)...~Mom