Friday, November 9, 2007

Big News!

Welp, I have officially signed a contract with the new school in Apgujeong. I start there on February 25th. My current boss knows I'm leaving and seems cool with it. He went through some crazy crap firing one of the guys we work with, and even though I'm leaving, I think he appreciates that I do a good job and isn't going to try to screw me. The nice this is that if he does try to stick it to me a little bit, I have an easy out. If I leave this job before I've worked here for 6 months, I have to pay back the cost of my flight to Korea. My new boss said that if EG starts treating me poorly because I'm leaving, she'll call my current boss, give him a piece of her mind and their school will pay back my ticket so that I can leave right away without losing any money. While I really don't think it'll come anywhere close to that, but it's nice to know that If I would need to get out, I could :)

The other piece of big news is Christmas vacation. According to our contracts with EG, we get one week of summer vacation that they choose and get to choose another week at some other time during the year. Well, that is always a hassle because we need to cover classes, and nobody can vacation together. What EG has decided to do is give us a week off for Christmas instead of letting us pick a week at some other point. Now, I can go on vacation with a bunch of my coworkers which is really cool. All that said...Jeff Moses will be spending Christmas 2007 in the tropics of Vietnam! We're going to Vietnam, Cambodia and might even try to make it to Thailand or Laos. The cool thing is that if we don't get to go everywhere I'd like, I can make up for it later. I'm going to take off a week in February before I start the new job so I can travel a little more.

This whole job and vacation situation actually worked out pretty well. I had my first paid vacation almost immediately after I arrived and I'm getting my second before I leave. Essentially, I only worked for EG for 6 months and got both of my vacations for the year. Plus, I get two vacations in the upcoming year with my new school. I feel really good about all this.

1 comment:

J Stu said...

Score. Sounds like generally a lot of vacation time.

And your offer to teach the younguns is enticing. But methinks I should finish my army commitment before heading off on another extended adventure abroad (as cool as it sounds).