Friday, November 30, 2007

The End of the Term

Well, our fall term ended on Friday. The last day of the term is usually pretty mellow, but since our director didn't come to work at all, that meant it was even more mellow. That's right folks. It was nothing but crossword puzzles, mazes and Spongebob videos all day. It was glorious. haha.

Monday marks the beginning of Winter term. That'll go until the end of February. Winter Intensives start December 27th and last about 4 weeks. My boss officially knows that I accepted a position at another school and has agreed to release me from my Visa without any problems as long as I agree to stay through the end of the term. That means I won't get any time off between the jobs so I won't be able to travel (the school also changed our Christmas vacation so I won't be going to SE Asia like I was planning). That's disappointing, but it gives me the opportunity to send a bunch of money home in February, which is a good thing.

I'm really excited to work this last term and get out. God has really blessed me in the last few weeks. It looked like my boss wasn't going to release me from my Visa, and I might not have been able to take the new job. We were able to come to an agreement though. Plus, I got a really good schedule for this term. I don't have ANY middle school classes, and they are the students that made me REALLY hate my job. Also, I get out at 730 on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm a lot less stressed out now. I think these three months will go by pretty quickly. Then it's off to the new job. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!
~YOUR MOM :-)