Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sometimes I'm an Idiot

Yesterday morning I visited the USA.....in a legal sense. That's right folks, for the first time in almost five months, these feet stepped on sovereign US soil. This guy went to the US Embassy in Seoul. Why you ask? Was it a pleasure trip? Nope. Contrary to what I thought, I did NOT forget my backpack at Brad and Steph's house. I forgot it in a taxi. What was in said backpack? My friggin' passport! Yup. I'm an idiot. Luckily, it's easy for me to get a new one (don't worry Mom and Dad - no lecture necessary). My new passport will be here December 18th. Unfortunately, I had to waste almost 100 bucks to replace it!

I try to see the bright side of everything though. This situation proved that my new friends from church really do care about me. Everyone was quick to help me figure out if I could recover my bag. When that wasn't an option, and I knew I had to replace it, a good friend offered to loan me the money (without me asking) so that I didn't have to wait a week until I got my paycheck.....that's right folks. Always try to find that bright side.

On the not so bright side, I'm getting sick.....and I'm a BABY when I'm sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, December 18th is a day you'll never forget and you now have two reasons to REMEMBER that date! and you're NOT an idiot! I'll be praying that you get over your "sickness" quickly. Sorry, you're not feeling well! ~mom

Sam Negus said...

Hey, $100 is pretty cheap.

When I accidentally put my British passport (which as it happens was also doubling as my greencard at the time thanks to simple stamp frank that itself cost $1000!) into the recycling, it cost $280 at the British embassay.

So there you go, you could be stupider.

Sir Jefferson of Moses said...

does that make me less stupid or just fortunate?