Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Year in Review

I can hardly believe it, but today is the last day of my first year in Korea. I arrived a little before midnight on July 11, 2007...one year ago. This year has really gone by so quickly. So many things have happened. I worked for EG in 노원 (Nowon) for 7 months, not a good experience. I started a new job in 압구정 (Apgujeong). This place is much better. I went from living on the outskirts of town to being in the center of downtown. At the beginning of the year, there was a lot of time when I just sat around in my apartment. It was lonely at times. Now, I have to try to have nights alone at home because I've met so many great people and am out all the time. I was blessed enough to find a great church with amazing people (that you Google). I've read more in this one year than in the previous 3 since I graduated from university. When I got here, I could barely order a cheeseburger at McDonald's. Now, I've learned a decent amount of Korean and am taking classes to learn more (and I eat way more Korean food that Western food now). Finally, and this is probably my favorite one, I met, and started dating, the coolest girl in the world.

Yeah, I would say it's been a great year. There are definitely things and people I miss about home, and I'm looking forward to visiting next spring, but life is good in the R.O.K., and there is more to come :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VISITING??????????????
~mom