Sunday, June 10, 2007

The First of Many to Come

If you're reading this, you probably already know what this blog is about. Very shortly, I will be uprooting from my life in Pennsylvania, a state in which I've lived for far too long, and be moving to South Korea to teach English for a year. The plan is to take a job in Seoul; the capital of South Korea which, as stated in the title of this blog, is a mere 25 miles from the Demilitarised Zone that separates the evil, Communist, North Koreans from the wonderful, Capitalist, South Koreans (don't worry Mom. I'm only trying to make it sound intense for effect). I'm still in the application process but should know exactly where I'll be living/working by the end of this week. Then the move will follow pretty quickly....maybe in as short as a week and a half after I accept the position.

I always swore I'd never start a blog. I'm not going to turn into one of those lame emo kids complaining about how life is so hard and I can only identify with a bunch of sad, mediocre bands with black hair that covers most of one side of their faces. This site is just to keep people up to date with what's happening in my year abroad. I'm sure there will be some contemplative moments that go beyond the facts of my daily schedule because otherwise it would be pretty boring, but I vow to myself and everything holy to never, ever, EVER let this become some lame emo site.

I'll post more as I have a better idea of what's happening and when I'm leaving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.