Monday, August 6, 2007

Back to the Grind

The rest of vacation went well. It was pretty chill. The day after the rafting/bungee jumping trip, I pretty much just sat around and read. Tuesday, I had to go downtown to Anguk to pick up my Alien Registration Card. That makes it official. I live here now. Then, I went and had a quick Changdeokgung Palace. I didn't take the tour because it started late, but I did get a few pics of the outside.



Next, I headed over to Hongdae. That's a small college area in Seoul. It's a pretty cool, artsy place with, from what I hear, a decent punk rock scene. I also managed to find a cheap acoustic guitar so I finally feel like a complete person again. Plus, I saw some businesses with pretty great names ;-)



Now, it's back to the grind. We're still teaching summer intensives. Last week, we only had three days. That was nice. Today, I got out early because students are taking placement tests to see how much they're learning. Colin and I went back to my place to hang out for a while. We watched a few episodes of the office and then I put in my favorite climbing video. After the slacklining section, we had to go out. We went down to one of the local parks and set up my slackline. I was worried we'd get in trouble for tying into the trees, but it was the opposite; it was instant popularity. Some of the locals even tried it out. Overall, it was a good time. Something clicked too. I was able to walk back and forth on the line and even did a few spins and jump starts. Not too shabby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

id love to ride a lespo!

nessa said...

i havent slacklined since i got to camp. i thought it would be quite the opposite.

and um. does your face look like that for real?

Sir Jefferson of Moses said...

the fumanchu was just one night for fun. it's gone....and i need to fix those pictures so they don't get cut off on the side.

nessa said...

ok. that last picture makes a lot more sense now. i thought you were getting artsy with your new camera or something.

Anonymous said...

is that a dunkin donuts by the ho bar? i cant even find one of those in cali!!!