Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Milestone

Today marks 6 months since I arrived in Korea. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. It's that strange phenomenon where I feel like I've been here for so long, and yet, it's like I just arrived to. If the next 15 months go by this fast, I'll be home in no time.

I was talking with Pastor Robert a few weeks ago, and he said that 6 months is usually the moment where you can tell how the rest of your stay will be. People either start counting down the time until they head home or they settle in. I definitely have fallen into the latter category. I don't mean that I want to stay here forever. If I've learned one thing, it's that I really do love life in the States. However, more often than not, Korea doesn't feel completely foreign to me either. There are definitely those frustrating moments, whether they be the language barrier or the rigid, sometimes nonsensical rules that govern so much of life over here. But despite those times, I feel comfortable here in Korea. I've met great people and am enjoying myself.

It's snowing outside. It's the first time it's snowing enough that it's actually laying on the ground :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's gonna snow here at home tonight too! Miss ya!
~mom

nessa said...

so you like the snow?
i'm glad you're having a good experience. for real, it's amazing what a change in surroundings can do for one's life.