Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Way to Spend Money

Yup. That's exactly what I don't need. I went snowboarding this weekend for the first time in about 10 years. It was great. I had an amazing time and am hooked. I'm planning to go again in about 2 weeks. Fortunately, it's MUCH cheaper here in Korea. We went to a small resort. A full day lift ticket and rentals (board, boots, pants, jacket....yes you can rent the clothes too) cost about 50 bucks total! We snowboarded all afternoon and had lunch (kimbop and granola bars) at the mountain. Then stayed at a pension for the night. We barbecued for dinner and then just hung out and played games the rest of the night while eating waaaaay too much junk food. In the morning we had kimchi soup with ramen noodles and diced spam. I know what you're thinking. Maybe I've just been really Koreanized, but it was delicious. Overall, it was a great weekend with my friends from church. I'm really blessed to have these people.

Lunch at the Mountain

Dinner at the Pension

Slowly Waking Up

A Group Shot Before Leaving

1 comment:

J Stu said...

awesome. i didn't know they had skiing over yonder. barbecue looks amazing.