Sunday, March 16, 2008

Almost Respectable

Saturday was a really good day. First of all, the weather has finally turned. It's getting warm! I woke up early Saturday morning (not easy for me) and headed downtown. I met my friend Trash (Yes, that is her nickname. No, I'm not allowed to tell you her Korean name...she made me promise). We went to a local art museum because it was the last day of the Vincent Van Gogh exhibit.

The night before, we'd been talking about heading to the exhibit, and I made a joke that we needed to dress up. You see, Trash is the kind of girl you can know for years and never see dressed "like a girl." I was completely kidding, but she thought I was serious and agreed to dress nice and wear makeup. The catch, I had to wear a tie. So yeah, that joke kind of backfired.

Anyway, we both got dressed up all snazzy and headed to the museum. It took us about 30 minutes to get into the museum and a little longer to actually get to the exhibit once we were inside. It was CROWDED, but really worth it. It was cool to see paintings I'd only seen in books. Van Gogh put the paint on so thick that it looked fresh. Almost like they'd been painted that morning. It was really cool.

Afterwards, we went out for lunch. Bibimbap (rice and various veggies) with spicy octopus. It was delicious.

Next for me was heading uptown to jam with some guys. Then it was down to Hongdae for a normal night of hanging out. It was quite possibly the best day I've had since I came to Korea.

Shirt, Tie, Sweater Vest. Oh Yeah!

Holy Crap! Trash in a Skirt

We are Classy

No comments: