Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Life and Times

It's been a while since I put anything up here. I've been so busy the last 2 months because of moving and changing jobs. Life is finally settling down. This week was the first time in over a month that I actually had a night I could just stay at home and relax. Actually, I had three nights like that, and it was wonderful. I'd really been neglecting my guitar and felt bad about it so we had some quality time together. I was also able to go out for dinner and coffee with Pastor Robert, which I hadn't done in a while.

I had my first field trip with the Little School this week. It was really cool. We went to a place called The Living Gallery. They had some pretty advance computer hologram projectors that made pieces of art come to life. For instance, at one point, it seemed as though we were looking at Renaissance statues, but then they "came to life" and started moving and talking to us. They had an LCD of the Mona Lisa with voice recognition software. You could ask her questions about herself, and she'd start to move and answer your questions. All in all, it was a really fun exhibit.

It's been such a blessing having my new apartment downtown. I'm able to see people throughout the week and don't have to worry about the subway closing. As I said above, I've been pretty busy, but it's been a good busy. I've had a lot of the normal nights out in Hongdae. That's always a good time. I have a great crew of friends over here. Below are some random pictures from the last few weekends in Hongdae.

Jesse and his namesake drink, The Jesse Sunrise

Aaron doing guest vocals with Suck Stuff

Honggu and Rachel

Zombie Trash

Mental Patient Trash - Yeah, we're all worried about her.

1 comment:

Mona said...

I've been looking for information about the Living Gallery everywhere - imagine how happy i am to find someone who's actually BEEN there. Do you know if they have an official website? If not, do you have any pictures of it?

I was in seoul in july last year, but i didnt hear of it until i returned home.