Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Chuseok Everyone!

It's Chuseok (Chew-Sok)here in Korea. Basically, it's Korean Thanksgiving, but it lasts for several days. I have off through Thursday of this week. We were hoping to get out of Seoul, but apparently every seat on every plane and bus is completely booked. You need to book your seats months ahead of time to get out of town for Chuseok. This is the time of year that everyone goes to visit extended family.

Despite staying here in Seoul, this should be a pretty good couple days. Today, I'm heading to Hongdae, my favorite area in Seoul. Hongik University is there. It's mostly full of art students which makes for a fun environment. There are students on the street showing/selling their art. There are usually bands playing outside on the weekends, and there are two punk rock clubs with shows most weekends. I'm really hoping to end up living down there before I leave Korea.

Besides Hongdae today, I'll be spending my time bouncing around Seoul looking for things to do. I'm gonna do a little hiking and check out some of the historical sights in the city. There's a chance that some people from my church might drive to Seoraksan National Park. I'd be fine with heading there again. We'll see what happens. All I know is, I'm off work for six days in a row!! :)

No comments: