Thursday, September 27, 2007

Has It Really Been Six Days?

In a few hours, my six day vacation will be over. That's ok though. Tomorrow is Friday. I can handle working one day and then having a weekend. Besides, most likely my two middle school classes won't show up because of their midterm exams in the public schools. It should be a pretty easy day.

Chuseok was nice. I have had a really fun and relaxing time. Saturday I spent all day in Hongdae with Brad, Steph and Colin. We checked out the college student art market, and I went to a punk show. The Queers (from New Hampshire) played. They were really good, and I was happily surprised that the four local bands that opened for them were pretty good too.

Sunday was normal. I slept in, watched a little tv and went to church. Pastor Robert got ordained last Friday so we had a little celebration for him. Then, we all went out for coffee. Those times are always my favorite. I sat around with Pastor Robert and two other guys and just talked about life for almost three hours.

Monday was probably the best day of vacation. I woke up around 10amm and Will came down. We made an American breakfast....coffee, oj, scrambled eggs with cheese, toast and pancakes. This may not sound like a big deal, but we don't get this stuff here in Korea. Then, we turned on the football game, and I watched the winless Philadelphia Eagles beat the Detroit Lions 56 to 21. That was nice. It was the highest scoring Eagles game in over 50 years, and Philadelphia needed that right about now. Then I made a few grilled cheese sandwiches (again, don't eat them very often), and we watched Will's Bengals. Unfortunately, they didn't fair quite as well. After football, it was back to Hongdae for me. I met up with some people from church. Since Chuseok is a family holiday and most of us are from the States, we decided to hang out. We had Korean bbq and coffee.

Tuesday, I didn't do ANYTHING and it was EVERYTHING I knew it could be :) I slept in, and when I woke up, immediately started watching season 4 of 24. I watched 4 episodes and decided to get food. Then I watched about 8 more episodes before will, colin, brad and steph came over to play cards (I taught them how to play shanghai). We got some more food and after they left, I watch more 24.

Wednesday, I met Moses and Sungha (from church) downtown and finally saw The Bourne Ultimatum. Then we walked all over downtown Seoul. We went to one of the biggest shopping areas (Myeong-dong), a traditional Korean village, and just walked around for a while. We went to their house for a while to hang out too. That was nice. Plus, I had the new Foo Fighters album to keep me occupied on the subway. I'm totally addicted to it. Everyone should get a copy. If you don't like it, you don't have a soul. After I got home later in the afternoon, I finished watching Season 4 of 24 (yes, I watched the whole thing in 2 days) and then went out to Hyehwa and Itaewan for a late night with Will and Colin. I didn't get to sleep until after 5am, but it was a lot of fun.

That brings us to today. I slept until almost 2pm. haha. I didn't do much. I read a little, watched some tv, kept listening to the Foo Fighters and went to Brad and Steph's apartment for a while.

So that's all of it with probably way more details than anyone cares about, but I've been getting a lot of messages about not being around all week. As you can see, I've been in and out the whole time (mostly out). I just need to get back on a more regular sleep schedule now, but since the weekend starts tomorrow night, that probably won't happen.

2 comments:

nessa said...

sounds glorious.
we have had some really sweet shanghai games here recently. and tonight is the start of the new season of the office! so now we have office parties to look forward to.
and if you have not seen pan's labyrinth... you should becuase it is such a good movie.

thats all.

J Stu said...

you seen the music video for The Pretender? It's awesome. I'll have to buy this album soon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DKhnmUdmz74