Monday, October 1, 2007

Do I Still Have a Job??

This last week and a half has been great. Obviously, last week was Chuseok, and I only work Friday. I had a pretty great weekend. Friday, I came home and Colin, Will and I watched the season premier of The Office. Saturday, we went down to Hongdae for another punk show. Again, the bands were pretty good, but this time the crowd was really small (there was an all day punk festival at another place by the river). At any point, there were never more than 20 people there. The lamest thing was that the bands didn't stick around. Any show I've ever been to, the bands all show up near the beginning and stay until the end. At this one, they would show up just before they played and leave right after they were done. After the show, the guys who run the club too us out. We had a pretty good time. One of them was a drummer from one of the local bands, and he wants to play with Will and I once we get our gear over here (I should have my new Strat and amp in about 2 weeks).



Monday was EG Sports Day. We canceled classes and several different branches of EG Learning Institute came together to have a sort of company picnic. They divided us into 4 teams and we spent all day playing soccer and basketball. We had lunch and finished the day with a tug-of-war and relay race. My team made me run anchor for the race and we won. Oh yeah! We actually got first place for the whole day and they gave us this really nice set of stainless steel, engraved chopsticks and spoons (last time they gave out hairdryers so we were all happy with the gift this time). Plus, each branch that came was given an envelope of money to go out to dinner so our boss took us to a nice Korean BBQ for food and a few drinks. All in all, it was a nice day. Too bad I had to come home to watch the Eagles play like a bunch of middle school girls.

I have to work today, but none of my middle school classes will be here because they have midterm testing in the public schools right now so they all skip our program. That's fine by me. I have a meeting at 2, my first class is at 4, and I'll be finished at 630.

Tomorrow is another National Holiday, and I'm actually going to a Korean wedding. That should be a really good time. Then Thursday I have to work again, but I have the same schedule as today, minus the meeting :) After this week, we'll be back to a more normal schedule but the middle school student won't be back until the week after next. This has been SUCH an easy month! It's great!

1 comment:

J Stu said...

what's Korean BBQ like?

and how do i get a job with your organization?? i like the sound of your schedule...