Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's OK. I'm Still Alive.

It's been over a week since I wrote anything. I tried to post earlier at school, but the internet was being stupid. The big news that I can share right now...my guitar is in Korea. I'll be getting it on Sunday. I'm pretty stoked about that. The amp shipped separately two days after the guitar so hopefully that'll show up by Saturday so I can get it too. I have some other things working in the mix that I'm sure will get posted on here sooner or later.

Other than that, life has been pretty run of the mill here in Korea. I work a lot during the week. I've been trying to be more disciplined and run a 5k at least three times a week. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't. Next weekend, I'm running a 10k with JoAnn and Lara, but apparently they think I'm in better shape than them. They're planning to walk a lot of it. That's fine by me. I'm not looking to set any kind of record. It'll just be fun to do it. I get a tshirt, medal, and certificate of completion as long as we finish within an hour and a half. That shouldn't be too hard for 6+ miles. I've been going to punk shows every weekend in Hongdae too. That's always a good time but makes for some late nights (or should I call them early mornings?).

I've started reading a lot again. I took a few weeks off. I'm reading Phillip Yancey's, "The Jesus I Never Knew," right now. It's pretty intense. Next is, "The Brother's Karamazov," by Dostoevsky. I'm pretty excited about that. Then it's on to Tolstoy. I'm actually really looking forward to that. I'm going to post an excerpt from Yancey's book about Dostoevsky/Tolstoy sometime soon. It really hit me pretty hard.

I've been pretty introspective lately. It helps to be in a completely new environment in some ways, in others, it doesn't. I've just been thinking about a lot of big things lately. My life, my future, my philosophy/theology. Overall, it's been good. We'll see what comes out on the other side. All things considered, those of you who are waiting for the same old Jeff to come home will probably be disappointed. I'm not sure who it'll be that heads home in a year and a half, but it won't be the same old guy you've always known, and I'm excited/scared about that.

No comments: