Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Yonsei Soverance Hospital 10k

The Yonsei Soverance Hospital held a marathon today as a fund raiser. While I'm not in good enough shape to run a full marathon right now, I did run the 10k. It was fun. I was part of Team YAY! (I didn't pick the name, but I guess it suited us. haha) which consisted of Lara, JoAnne and me. Lara decided to keep an eye on the competition coming up behind us so she, very graciously, started walking after about a quarter mile. JoAnn and I jogged the whole time. We finished in just over an hour. It's not a crazy, fast time, but it's respectable, and we had a lot of fun. The Seoul Marathon is in March. I'm definitely going to participate. Worst case scenario, I'll run the half marathon (20k = 13.1mi). I'm in good enough shape to do that right now so hopefully I'll be able to run the full marathon by then.

Team YAY! - JoAnn, Me, Lara - We're a good lookin' bunch if I do say so myself.

Sporting our Completion Medals post race

Serious Runners....Serious Pose

No day of picture taking in Asia would be complete without this shot.

2 comments:

J Stu said...

Nice work, Team Yay. the weather looked nice too, yeah? keep truckin.

Sam Negus said...

How about a blog post on what the hell the deal is with East Asians and the V sign.